CSAS SENSORY SOFTWARE
Data is the Secret of High-quality Products
We are changing the world of flavor, and we are happy to show you!
CSAs sensory analysis software has always been a network application focusing on sensory and consumer research. It has developed into a tool to help hundreds of leading organizations around the world improve and maintain their product quality. We provide these organizations with all the tools they need for sensory and consumer research, and work with them on a long-term basis to further develop our software based on specific customer needs and predicted market needs and new technologies.
In addition to sensory software, we also provide you with customized sensory laboratory services, sensory accessories, sensory training and sensory testing services. We are committed to providing you with the most comprehensive sensory solutions.
Detailed Introduction<Back List
Flavour Reference Standards
Flavour Standards are safe to smell, taste and drink, and can be used in almost any liquid to impart a real flavour, off-note, or taint.
Each flavour has undergone evaluation by Sensory Systems team as well as the Wine industry directly.
Product Category: Odor
Smell Identification Test Revised™
○ This 2020 revision of the Smell Identification Test™ (known in the medical and scientific literature as the UPSIT®) incorporates a number of updated odors that makes the test more international. Maintains the same high reliability and validity as the classic Smell Identification Test™. Odors that have been replaced from the original SIT (UPSIT®) include those of cheddar cheese, fruit punch, gingerbread, lime, paint thinner, root beer, and turpentine. New odors are apple, baby powder, cotton candy, garlic, raspberry, rubber, and sandalwood. Currently available in English, American Spanish, and Simplified Chinese.
Smell Identification Test™ (UPSIT®)
○ The Smell Identification Test™ [UPSIT] is our comprehensive 40-item test. It is the most reliable (test-retest r=0.94) and accurate olfactory test available. The worldwide standard for olfactory testing. Provides an absolute indication of smell loss (anosmia; mild, moderate, or severe microsomia) as well as a relative indication based on age- and sex-related percentiles. Also provides an index to detect malingering. Norms from nearly 4,000 men and women spanning the entire age range are included.
Brief Smell Identification Test™ (B-SIT®)
○ The Brief Smell Identification Test (B-SIT) is a rapid and effective 5-minute screening test. This 12-item version of the Smell Identification Test®, also known as the Cross-Cultural Smell Identification Test, is useful for quantifying smell loss in situations where less than five minutes of time are available. Valuable in population surveys and general workplace studies. The odors are well known in most cultures. This test employs the following odorants: rubber tire, chocolate, cinnamon, gasoline, lemon, onion, paint thinner, pineapple, rose, soap, smoke, and baby powder.
Brief Smell Identification
|A rapid and effective 5-minute screening test, this 12-item version of the Smell Identification Test™ is useful for detecting smell loss in situations where less than 5 minutes of time is available. The odors are well known in most cultures. Version A employs the following test items: clove, leather, lemon, lilac, menthol, natural gas, pineapple, smoke, soap, strawberry, cherry, and rose.|
Brief Smell Identification
|A rapid and effective 5-minute screening test, this 12-item version of the Smell Identification Test™ is useful for detecting smell loss in situations where less than 5 minutes of time is available. The odors are well known in most cultures.Version B employs the following test items: strawberry, licorice, lemon, grass, coconut, rose, paint thinner, banana, clove, pizza, wintergreen, and lime.|
Modified Brief Smell Identification
|The Modified Brief Smell Identification Test™ includes intensity, pleasantness, and familiarity rating scales on each page. These scales are conveniently located adjacent to the multiple choice response alternatives. Valuable for research studies, population surveys, and general workplace studies. Also ideal for studies in which supra threshold scaling information is of value.|
Odor Discrimination / Memory Test™ (ODMT®)
○ This 12-item test is a non-verbal screening of both odor discrimination and memory. It provides an overall score, as well as a test score, for each of the three delay intervals: 10, 30 & 60 seconds. Following the release of an inspection odor, four alternatives are presented after a given delay interval. The subject is required to identify which odor corresponds to the inspection odor. This test is highly reliable (test-retest r=0.80) and is useful in many research and clinical test situations. Minimum order 7 tests.
The Pediatric Smell Wheel™
○ The Pediatric Smell Wheel™ is an attractive game-like test for evaluating olfaction in children. A rotating cardboard disk exposes one of 11 odors at a time for sampling. Multiple-choice alternatives use both words and pictures. When the disk is completely rotated, the child’s answers appear as dark dots in a series of holes in the jacket. The number of marks signify the test score. Can be used as an educational game as well as a smell test. Ideal for classroom education settings.
Pocket Smell Test™
○ A 3-odor, forced-choice screening test. A very brief screen of gross olfactory dysfunction. If the test subject misses one or more of the three test items, then the 40-item Smell Identification Test™ should be given to accurately quantify the degree of smell loss.
Picture Identification Test™ (PIT®)
○ A research tool for screening cognitive confounds. This 40-item test is equivalent to the SIT™ except that pictures, rather than odors, are used as stimuli. Provides a control, in experimental settings, for non-olfactory components of the SIT. Can be used multiple times.
Quick Smell Identification Test™ (QSIT®)
○ The Quick Smell Identification Test™ (Q-SIT®) is a modification of the widely used Pocket Smell Test™. It has an additional response category for indicating anosmia or the presence of a distorted odor. Contains 20 three-odorant tests with a tear-off portion for insertion into a patient’s file.
The 8-Item Sensonics Smell Test™
○ This validated self-administered and self-scored 8-odorant test employs the odorants used in the 2013-2014 U.S. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES); namely, chocolate, grape, onion, leather, natural gas, smoke, strawberry & soap. Can be self-administered and self-scored in 2 minutes.
Snap & Sniff® Odor Threshold Test
○ The Snap & Sniff ® Threshold Test Kit is comprised of 20 smell “wands”. Five contain no odor, whereas the others contain half-log dilutions ranging from 10-2 (strongest) to 10-9 (weakest) vol/vol concentrations. When the operator’s thumb pushes forward on a slide mechanism, the odorized tip is exposed for sampling and presented to the subject. Releasing the slide mechanism retracts the odorized tip back in the wand’s housing. Because the odorant is presented briefly, the odor is retained for much longer periods and can be used for testing many more subjects than devices lacking such sophisticated technology. Although a simple ascending method of limit threshold employed by others can be obtained using the Snap & Sniff Threshold Kit ®, we recommend a single staircase forced-choice paradigm. This optimizes the numbers of trials presented in the perithreshold region per unit time.
Smell Threshold Test
○ Finally, a standardized threshold test that works! Based upon over two decades of research at the University of Pennsylvania, The Smell Threshold Test™ provides an affordable, practical, and reliable detection threshold measure you can count on! Norms based upon hundreds of subjects; 75%, 95%, and 99% confidence intervals provided for each decade of age. The Smell Threshold Test™ is a compact, portable smell testing kit housed in an attractive aluminum carrying case that can serve as a test table. The entire kit weighs less than six pounds (2.72 kg). Odorants are contained within a proprietary absorbent, eliminating liquid stimuli. Ergonomically-designed stimulus bottles provide consistent output. Built-in thermometer and calculator ensure maintenance of optimal testing conditions and accurate determination of threshold values. The pure CN I stimulant phenyl ethyl alcohol is provided in 17 half-log concentration steps ranging from -10 log vol/vol to -2 log vol/vol. Can be used to test 50 subjects before new refills are needed.
Snap & Sniff® 10-Odor Water Department Training Kit
○ This 10-item odor test kit is designed to train organoleptic panels to identify malodors in waste and water supplies. This 10-item odor test kit is designed to train organoleptic panels to identify malodors in waste and water supplies. Ergonomically designed for easy presentation.
Product Category: Taste
○ The Sensonics’ Electrogustometer is a state-of-the-art instrument that sets the world standard for electrogustometry. Provides a straightforward and rapid means for assessing taste function without the mess of chemical taste solutions. Threshold and suprathreshold testing can be performed. Discrete stimulus pulses can be presented ranging from 0.5 sec to 2 sec duration at currents ranging from -30 dB (.25 μA) to 35 dB (450 μA) in 12 total steps.
The Brief Self-Administered Waterless Empirical Taste Test™ (B-WETT®-SA-27)
○ This 27-stimulus version of the WETT® can be sent through the mail to subjects for self-administration. Each individually packaged B-WETT®kit comes with response forms and instructions. Ideal for situations where the full WETT® is impractical. Administration time is less than 10 minutes. CE certified.
Waterless Empirical Taste Test™ (WETT®)
○ The Waterless Empirical Taste Test™ (WETT®) is an easy and inexpensive method for quantitatively evaluating taste function for up to 25 individuals. Delivery of tastants is via plastic strips with proprietary pads of monomer cellulose that are embedded with either sucrose (sweet), citric acid (sour), sodium chloride (salty), caffeine (bitter), monosodium glutamate (umami), or blank tastants. No liquid rinsing is required. 50 strips of each tastants are provided in a hard plastic, portable container.
PTC/PROP Taste Strips – Complete Set
○ One vial each of PTC, PROP, and Control, with 100 strips in each vial.
PTC Taste Strips
○ These strips reliably identify tasters and non tasters of Phenylthiocarbamide. The ability to taste or not taste Phenylthiocarbamide (PTC) is associated with many diseases and disorders. A significant number of persons are PTC “tasters” or “non-tasters” These strips reliably identify tasters and non-tasters. Ideal for research studies and for classroom demonstration.
PROP Taste Strips
○ These strips are useful for research and classroom demonstration in determining more accurately with persons who are PTC (Prop) or non- PTC (Prop) taster. These strips are useful for research and classroom demonstration in determining more accurately with persons who are PTC (Prop) or non- PTC (Prop) taster.
Control Taste Test Strips
○ These strips are useful for research and classroom demonstration in determining more accurately who can/cannot taste PTC.